I figured I should let everyone know where I am with my agent search. I have officially been rejected or closed out all outstanding queries. That means between rejections and no responses my manuscript has been rejected twenty-eight times. It’s not a lot, but as a few came in while I was at the hospital it felt like a lot.
Because I was so sick in July and August I didn’t send any queries out to agent. While sick in July I came up with a new idea for a prequel. In the hospital that prequel became two separate books; one from Alexandria’s point of view and one from Peter’s view. Both books slightly changed some of the stuff in my manuscript I was shopping around. (This is why I need an agent. That way I’ll stop messing with manuscripts at some point.)
The changes make the book more believable. But, I figured it’d be a great idea to finish Prequel A and Prequel B before I submit The Manuscript to another agent. Okay, before I query again. The changes also bring the bad guy of the series into The Manuscript a bit more. If I can stay focused, the changes should be done within the month. Fingers crossed.
So, that’s this month’s plan. Finish the two prequels and revise the manuscript.